Weekly Church Bulletins
Weekly E-newsletter links
- September 18, 2017
Pilgrimage group photo outside the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.
- A busy mother finds time for prayer.
- September 11, 2017
Fr. Peter and Fr. Deepak celebrating Mass in the Duc in Altum chapel of the Magdala Centre (on the site of the village of St. Mary Magdalene), Israel. The altar is in the shape of a boat, and the tabernacle was blessed by Pope Francis. "Duc in altum" means "put out into the deep." (Luke 5:1-11)
- Instant Karma? See how Bishop Robert Barron explains the difference between karma and grace.
- After Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, and with the 16th anniversary of the attacks on the Twin Towers tomorrow, Christians may naturally feel themselves a little stunned, wondering how a loving God could permit such tragedies and acts of horror. It's worth reminding ourselves of a line from Pope Francis: “There is no such thing as low-cost Christianity.”
- September 4, 2017
- "Get clear about your faith". A new online program from Brandan Vogt, a well-known author and speaker and close colleague of Bishop Robert Barron. Registration closes on Thursday.
- As I head to the Holy Land on Thursday with pilgrims from greater Montreal, Toronto and Mexico, I ask your prayers that it might be a true and lasting conversion experience for all of us. We will bring your intentions to the holy places. If you have any particular intentions you would us to place in the Western (“Wailing”) Wall of the Temple of Jerusalem, or to pray at the tomb of Jesus or somewhere else, please email them to me as soon as possible.
- Pope Francis would like to hear from you as the Vatican prepares for the upcoming synod on “Young People, Faith & Vocational Discernment”.
- August 28, 2017
- Sometimes it’s easier to forgive others than to forgive ourselves.
- Do you know what your kids are doing on the computer?
- A special event this week (in French) to honour the apparitions at Fatima 100 years ago: Saturday, September 2, at the oldest church in Montreal, the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 1847 Gouin Boul. E., starting at 9 am with the Rosary, followed by Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and celebration of the Eucharist with the Fatima message at 10 am.
- Previous issues
This year we have adopted the 845 children from the Moyale Primary School in Malawi. Through the Catholic charity of Mary's meals, we are fundraising in order to feed each child 1 hot meal a day for an entire year for only $16 per child!! This program encourages the children to stay in school and receive an education rather than drop out to find work in order to obtain food. For more information: marysmeals.ca
Please help us reach our $12, 422.00 goal!
Ways to donate:
- Donate online
- Do your own fundraising at home to collect a minimum of $16 and drop it off at
the parish office.
Thank you for your support!