Weekly Church Bulletins
Weekly E-newsletter links
- September 17, 2018
- A timely article on The Smoke over Medical Marijuana
- A lesser-known but great saint buried in Trois-Rivières
- September 10, 2018
- The Montreal Gazette on Saturday published an article on the abuse crisis by Archbishop Lépine.
- Bishop Robert Barron: "Why Remain Catholic? (With So Much Scandal)” People often say after the death of a loved one: “Now we have an angel in heaven”. But do we? Watch Peter Kreeft on “Do We Become Angels in Heaven?”
- September 3, 2018
- Here is a thoughtful and balanced article: “Let’s all take a chill pill”.
- Of special note in the bulletin is the Day of Prayer and Penance for the Healing of our wounded Church that we are proposing this Friday, which is the First Friday of the month. We suggest that you drop into church between 9:00 a.m. and midnight to pray before the Blessed Sacrament exposed, or take a few minutes to pray at home or even in your car; and also make an act of penance---reduce food intake, or skip a dessert, or do something else that might come to mind. Our prayers are powerful.
- Clergy abuse crisis resources (both were read at our Sunday Masses):
- Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops letter
- U.S. Bishops’ Prayer for Healing for Victims of Abuse
- Employment opportunities in the diocese
- August 27, 2018
- Clergy abuse crisis: I don’t normally publish my homilies, but since many people were away on holiday on August 5, I am attaching the homily for that Sunday. As distasteful as this subject is, it is not going away anytime soon, and I will continue to address it in various ways.
- Bishop Robert Barron released a video interview yesterday on the sexual abuse crisis: very clear and direct, helpful and hopeful both, worth your time.
- We all need to have our spirits raised in these difficult days. Here’s a short video of St. Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa), whose anniversary of death comes up next week.
- Previous issues
This year we have adopted the 845 children from the Moyale Primary School in Malawi. Through the Catholic charity of Mary's meals, we are fundraising in order to feed each child 1 hot meal a day for an entire year for only $16 per child!! This program encourages the children to stay in school and receive an education rather than drop out to find work in order to obtain food. For more information: marysmeals.ca
Please help us reach our $12, 422.00 goal!
Ways to donate:
- Donate online
- Do your own fundraising at home to collect a minimum of $16 and drop it off at
the parish office.
Thank you for your support!