Godparents must be baptized and confirmed Catholic or Orthodox (at least 1 must be Catholic), be at least 16 years of age, as well as be living a life in harmony with the faith. Protestants are not admitted as official godparents, but they may act as official witnesses at the baptismal celebration and sign the baptismal register. One or two godparents are allowed and if there are two, they must be of the opposite sex.
Canon law requires that the parents and godparents be properly prepared to assume their role in the baptism of the children. Baptism preparation meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on a Thursday evening two weeks before the baptism.
- Copy of baby’s birth certificate
- Copy of godparent(s) confirmation certificate
- Permission letter to baptize outside parish boundaries (if applicable)
Call the parish office to register at 514-626-4111. Be ready with the following information:
- Name, birthdate, and birthplace of baby.
- Names, address, and phone number(s) of parents
- Name(s) of godparent(s) and current parish of worship
*For info regarding Adult Baptism, Communion and Confirmation, check the RCIA page
Meetings at 7:00pm
Baptisms at 1:00pm