St. Thomas à Becket Parish
4320 Ste. Anne, Pierrefonds, Quebec H9H 4Y7Office: 514-626-4111Email:
Weekly Church Bulletins
- January 24, 2021
- January 17, 2021
- January 10, 2021
- December 20, 2020
- Older issues
- Parish Info and Contacts
Weekly E-newsletter links
- January 23, 2021
- The Archdiocese, following discussion with the province, has given parishes permission to resume the distribution of Holy Communion outside of Mass.
We will therefore be resuming the practice in place since the fall (until the recent lockdown): those who wish to receive Holy Communion, gather on the apron outside the church doors at 12:30 on Sunday, giving you time to arrive following the 11:00 live-streamed Mass. You will be escorted group by group through the Narthex into the parish hall for a very brief Communion service and leave by the hall door.
Anyone wishing the Sacrament of Reconciliation, please contact Fr. Jaison or me to make an appointment.
As far as the resumption of Mass with ten persons, as announced by the government, we will be discerning in the coming days the most appropriate way to do this. Stay tuned.
- January 21, 2021
- Surviving the pandemic: Montreal Archbishop Lépine’s latest “Care for the Soul” short videos:
- Fear is a constant for many these days. Bishop Barron speaks about the root of fear and how to overcome it. Yes, he uses some big words, but there’s a great message everyone can benefit from.
- Local resources and other information are available in the Grapevine newsletter and other diocesan news and information
- January 14, 2021
- Upcoming Event: January 31: Presentation from the Vatican of Pope Francis’ latest encyclical “Fratelli Tutti”
- Should I get vaccinated? Get the facts from the Catholic viewpoint.
- “I am” with Chris Stefanick: 30-day coaching program.
- Why do we prevent suicide for some but facilitate it for the disabled?
- Download a new book to mark the 850th anniversary of St. Thomas à Becket’s death (free until January 29).
- January 8, 2021
- Current restrictions:
• The church and office are now closed, but we remain available by email and telephone.
• Just as it was last spring, there will be no in-person Masses, and only one livestreamed Mass at 11:00 on Sundays
• Fr. Jaison and I will celebrate Mass privately each day, so be assured that the Mass intentions you have requested will be honoured.
- Weekday Mass: Salt+Light Catholic Media broadcasts Mass each weekday morning at 8:30 a.m. from Mary Queen of the World Cathedral in Montreal
You can also watch on TV, channel 654 (Bell) or 242 (Videotron). You may have to pay a small monthly fee to access these channels. Check with your cable provider.
- Holy Communion: The distribution at 12:30 on Sundays and at other times is also suspended.
- Funerals are permitted with a maximum of 25 persons.
- How to nourish your spiritual life when in-person Mass is unavailable?
- Look back over past bulletins: Every week I highlight a worthwhile book. Maybe now’s the time to consider reading one.
- Well over a million people have already downloaded the free Bible in a Year” podcast I recommended last week. I am enjoying it and you might too.
- Avail yourself of the abundant resources by Bishop Barron at www.wordonfire.org/
- January 4, 2021
- You don’t have to be a fan of President Trump to appreciate the remarkable document he issued last week on the 850th anniversary of the martyrdom of our parish patron, St. Thomas à Becket, in the context of religious liberty.
- Did you make a New Year’s resolution to read the Bible?
- The #1 religious/spirituality podcast in America at the moment is “The Bible in a Year” with Fr. Mike Schmitz. It’s free, and you can listen to it in the car, when walking, or anytime, at your own speed.
- “Take and Read: A Journey into the Bible”: Free virtual conference January 8-10
- Many people spent less over the holidays this year. Consider sharing what you can with Mary’s Meals, where 93% of every dollar goes directly to feeding children.
- More on St. Thomas à Becket
- Previous issues