Weekly Church Bulletins
Weekly E-newsletter links
- July 13, 2019 Special
- You may be aware that the movie “Unplanned” is finally showing across Canada, including in Quebec (thanks to Vincenzo Guzzo), following a push from the public. It tells the story of Abby Johnson, the Planned Parenthood Clinic director who left her job to become a pro-life activist and Catholic convert, and by this point has been responsible for assisting nearly 500 abortion industry workers to leave their jobs.
The film, despite a lot of negative propaganda, was a surprising success in the U.S. It is well made and acted and encouraging to those committed to protecting life from conception to natural death in the face of a society that increasingly devalues life.
“Unplanned” is only booked in Montreal until Thursday, so you might want to catch it before it’s gone.
Here are the show times.
- The funeral for Jackie Vincent, daughter of Diane and John, sister of Judy, will be held in our church next Saturday, July 20, at 2pm. Visitation from 1:00. May she rest in peace. Our sincere condolences to the family.
- July 1, 2019
- Happy Canada Day! The Collect from today’s Mass says it all:
whose reign extends from sea to sea and whose care endures throughout the ages,
hear our prayers for our country:
grant wisdom to those who govern it
and respect for human life and dignity to every citizen,
so that justice may flourish and all peoples live in unity and peace.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen
- A photo of our recent bowling evening for altar servers and families (and Bosco). Special thanks to Joe Ojeda for helping to organize it.
- Did you know there is an amazing Catholic conference this summer for those who experience same-sex attraction and those who love them?
- Summer in the city: camps, retreats, much more...and there’s more.
- Great news department: Archbishop Lépine will ordain Deacon Robert Assaly to the priesthood at our parish on Friday evening, September 20. Deo gratias!
- June 24, 2019
- Here’s a one-hour a day, 7-day retreat at home
- You can have your prayer intentions placed at the grotto at Lourdes
- June 17, 2019
- Employment opportunity at the Diocesan Office for Faith Education
- Yes, Father’s Day was yesterday, but it’s not too late to reflect on that wonderful vocation
- God’s Voice Within: a retreat at Villa St-Martin
- June 10, 2019
- Happy Pentecost! St. Basil the Great (+379, brother of St. Gregory of Nyssa) wrote about the Holy Spirit:
“Like the sunshine, which permeates all the atmosphere, spreading over land and sea, and yet is enjoyed by each person as though it were for him alone, so the Spirit pours forth his grace in full measure, sufficient for all, and yet is present as though exclusively to everyone who can receive him. To all creatures that share in him he gives a delight limited only by their own nature, not by his ability to give. The Spirit raises our hearts to heaven, guides the steps of the weak, and brings to perfection those who are making progress. He enlightens those who have been cleansed from every stain of sin and makes them spiritual by communion with himself.”
- Photos of the “Becket Believers” team at the June 1 Apostles Cup tournament.
- Information on next week’s “missionary evening” with Fr. Villeneuve. Call or email the parish to sign up.
- What’s wrong with IVF anyway?
- Bishop Barron asks if they forgot something important in the new movie about J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Previous issues