St. Thomas à Becket Parish
4320 Ste. Anne, Pierrefonds, Quebec H9H 4Y7Office: 514-626-4111Email:
Weekly Church Bulletins
Weekly E-newsletter links
- May 20, 2019
- An article on Envy and Jealousy: is there a difference? Does it matter?
- A fascinating personal testimony, “Conceived in Rape”, especially timely in the face of some new abortion laws in the U.S., opponents of which always referring to rape and incest (a red herring, since according to the NY Times, these cases involve only 1% of abortions).
- Bishop Barron was interviewed at Facebook, then at Google, and now at Amazon headquarters.
- The funeral of Carolina Di Marzo Quinnett will take place in our church on Wednesday, May 22 @ 11:00; visitation Tuesday at Rideau. May she rest in peace.
- May 13, 2019
- A photo of our group who participated in the National March for Life on Parliament Hill Thursday.
See these remarkable new photos of a child in the womb.
- If you or someone you know has had an abortion, check out www.rachelsvineyard.org, where many have found healing. The Centre for Reproductive Loss is another great resource right here in Montreal.
- What is the truth about Pope XII and the Jews?
- May 6, 2019
- A photo of our marriage jubilee couples.
- Information on buses going to Ottawa Thursday for the National March for Life. Here’s the message from COLF. To know more, contact me.
- Are you a man who is grieving a significant loss---spouse, child, other loved one---and wishes to gather with other men in the context of faith? Or maybe you know someone in that situation you could tell about this: We are launching a Men's Bereavement Group Thursday this week, May 9 at 7:00 p.m. at our Cahill Hall. A second meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 6. No charge, no obligation. The group will be facilitated by Bill Curran, a former bereavement facilitator at Maison Monbourquette. Bill recently spoke on the topic of grief as part of our Pastoral Home Care ongoing formation series.
- Get a free pass to see Bishop Barron’s latest production “The Pivotal Players”, exceptional videos on the life and influence of St. Francis, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Catherine of Siena, Bl. John Henry Newman, G.K. Chesterton and Michelangelo.
- April 29, 2019
- Here are two very different but excellent articles on Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris.
- Fr. James McDonald, the beloved second pastor of our parish (1980-1992), passed away last week. May he rest in peace. His funeral will be Friday, May 10 @ 11:00 at St. Gabriel’s Church, 2157 Rue Centre, Point St. Charles, Montréal H3K 1J4. Visitation Thursday, May 9, from 1pm – 9 pm, also at St. Gabriel’s. Here's a video remembrance of Fr. Jim from the parish archives.
Bernard Ratneiya is organizing a bus from the parish to the funeral, as parking is difficult at St. Gabriel’s. If you would like a seat, call (514) 697-7950 or .
- The Church has always taught the Perpetual Virginity of Mary. But what about the brothers and sisters of Jesus mentioned in the Bible?
- Previous issues