Weekly Church Bulletins
- November 29, 2020
- November 22, 2020
- November 15, 2020
- November 8, 2020
- Older issues
- Parish Info and Contacts
Weekly E-newsletter links
- November 30, 2020
- “Waiting in Joyful Hope”: excellent Advent resources from the diocese for adults young and old, teens, kids and their families
- See Archbishop Lépine’s pastoral letter on the Capriolo Report released last week. The press release, with links to the report itself and the bilingual press conference at which it was presented can be found here.
- “Spiritual Lessons from the Pandemic”
- Latest newsletter from Catholic Action
- Read the latest Grapevine newsletter and other diocesan news and information
- MASS ATTENDANCE PROCEDURES
At 3:00 pm on Wednesday, you can begin signing up (include your phone number after your name) for this weekend’s and next week’s daily Masses at https://reopen.church/r/edidKl7B. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL: after 4:30 on Friday, contact me or Fr. Jaison (by email if possible).
Please sign up for WEEKEND Masses only every second week, thus permitting your fellow parishioners the chance to attend, as you would hope they would do for you. If there are open spaces on the registration form by Friday afternoon, you may register then even if you came last week. Keep checking, because sometimes people cancel even Saturday.
For those unable to secure a spot at Sunday Mass and who watch our Mass online, Holy Communion will be available on the apron of the church, just outside the main door, at 12:30 pm SHARP on Sunday.
Weather permitting, you can attend weekend Masses without reservations seated outdoors, listening by speaker, with Holy Communion brought to you.
PARISH MASS SCHEDULE
Monday - Thursday: Mass in church @ 8:30
Mass in hall @ 9:30
Friday: Mass in church @ 8:30, followed by Holy Hour
Mass in hall @ 10:30
Saturday: Mass in church @ 4:00
Mass in hall @ 5:00
Sunday: Mass in church @ 9:00 and 11:00
The Rosary is prayed following the 9:30 Mass on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The Novena to our Lady of Perpetual Help is prayed following the 8:30 Mass on Tuesdays.
- November 23, 2020
- “The Fulfilment of All Desire”: Free 4-part Advent Mission webinar beginning Sunday with highly regarded Catholic speaker/writer Ralph Martin
- Newsletter from the Diocesan Centre for Marriage, Life and Family, including Advent calendar and more
- Would a teenager give his life to protect the Eucharist if it were just a symbol or a reminder of Christ and not His actual Body and Blood?
- Learn how you can help the diocese fulfill the mission of the church
- November 17, 2020
- Bishop Barron reflects on the recently released McCarrick Report from the Vatican. It’s a bit lengthy but very helpful, and there are many other free resources on the page including his book “Letter to a Suffering Church”.
- Do you have a good-enough marriage?
- November 9, 2020
- Archbishop Lépine’s pastoral letter: “Choosing Hope and Life”
- In these uncertain times, we can be tempted to explore the occult for help and reassurance, but it comes at a high price.
- Find good resources for widows and widowers, single mothers, mental health and more in the latest Grapevine newsletter and other diocesan news and information
- The Pillars Trust Fund supports many worthwhile initiatives of the Montreal English-speaking Catholic population, including equipment permitting us at Becket to livestream our Sunday Mass, funerals and other ceremonies during the pandemic. They need our support as well.
- Free e-books:
- November 2, 2020
- “Confession is no substitute for therapy (or vice versa).” Insightful (and hilarious) article.
- Is your life changed every time you receive the Eucharist?
- October 26, 2020
- The media has exploded in the past week concerning comments about civil unions for same-sex couples made by Pope Francis in a recent documentary. It has come to light that these were highly edited comments taken out of context from a 2019 interview. Nonetheless, it is unfortunate that the Vatican has not yet offered any clarification, thus creating confusion and anxiety among Catholics. This article is one of the more balanced and thoughtful responses to “Moviegate”.
- The Canadian Bishops’ statement on the government’s proposed amendments to the euthanasia law” and a related article on the value of so-called safeguards.
- Our parish Helping Others Fund will contribute to Developments & Peace's initiative to those in the Global South most affected by the pandemic.
- Fr. Michael McGivney, founder of the Knights of Columbus, will be beatified on Saturday. It’s all here.
- Virtual Theology of the Body Congress