St. Thomas à Becket Parish
4320 Ste. Anne, Pierrefonds, Quebec H9H 4Y7Office: 514-626-4111Email:
Weekly Church Bulletins
- January 26, 2020
- January 19, 2020
- January 12, 2020
- January 5, 2020
- Older issues
- Parish Info and Contacts
Weekly E-newsletter links
- January 20, 2020
- "What Catholics Believe: “The Human Person", Part 4 of the Knights of Columbus Hart Series. You can read or listen.
- There is a push to expand assisted suicide (“Medical Assistance in Dying”) (see links on how to participate in the public consultation) or contact your MP.
- What is New York Encounter? “An annual three-day public cultural event in the heart of New York City, offering opportunities for education, dialogue, and friendship.” It’s free, no registration required.
- January 13, 2020
- Our culture’s moral schizophrenia about suicide
- The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is coming up. Why can’t we all just be “Christian”?
- In my last homily, I spoke about the obelisk in the centre of St. Peter’s Square in Vatican City.
Here’s some facts on the golden globe on the top of the Basilica’s dome.
- January 6, 2020
Photos of our young adults praying Vespers at a monastery in the Plateau and enjoying a holiday supper together
Photos of the two groups of Magi who visited on Epiphany Sunday
- “The Two Popes”, about the relationship between Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis, is a technically beautiful movie now on Netflix. Accurate? Not so much. Which is why Bishop Barron says it should be called “The One Pope”.
- Did someone you know get nicer Christmas gifts than you? Find out the difference between envy and jealousy.
- December 23, 2019
- My Christmas e-card
- Keep in mind two special events:
- Our annual New Year’s Eve Holy Hour for Peace on Tuesday. December 31, at 3:15 pm, a special opportunity to pray in the New Year, followed by Mass honouring Mary, the Holy Mother of God, at 4:30.
- The showing of the highly acclaimed 1965 movie “Becket”, on Sunday, December 29, at 2:00 pm, in Cahill Hall, to highlight the parish feast day and the 850th anniversary of the death of our patron, St. Thomas à Becket.
- Christmas messages from:
- President of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Montreal Archbishop Christian Lépine
- Prince Charles’s message on the persecution of Christians for the Catholic charity Aid to the Church in Need
- Previous issues