St. Thomas à Becket Responsible Pastoral Ministry
Working towards building a safe environment for our children, vulnerable adults, employees and volunteers
Responsible Pastoral Ministry of St. Thomas à Becket Parish
Dear Group Leaders,
In June of 2018, Archbishop Christian Lépine announced that the Responsible Pastoral Ministry initiative would be rolled out throughout the Diocese, following a two-year pilot project.
The purpose of this ministry is to ensure the safety and security of the people to whom we minister, in particular, children and vulnerable adults, to safeguard our volunteers and staff and to protect all parish resources.
For us to begin screening our volunteers we require the following from your Ministry or Group:
- Job/Role Descriptions for each Volunteer
- An application for each Volunteer
- A copy of the Code of Ethics and The Code of Conduct to be given to each volunteer, asking that they be read and a signed copy returned to the Responsible Pastoral Ministry Office.
All Volunteer roles will undergo a Risk Assessment to determine further screening requirements.
Your package includes:
- Job/Role Description Templates and Guidelines
- Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
- Volunteer Job applications
- Volunteer Screening Brochure
If you require more for your group, please advise and we also ask that you return any extras.
Should you have any questions or concerns I can be reached at
In the coming weeks we will be slowly introducing new policies and updating our website. We ask that this be completed and returned to the Responsible Pastoral Ministry Office by April 30th.
Rina Callard (Coordinator) and Fr. Peter Sabbath (Pastor)
- Learn more about the Diocesan Pastoral Responsibility Policy and the results of the 2-year pilot project
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement