Faith First News
Thank you to everyone who has registered for the 2020-2021 Faith First year.
Registration is now closed.
If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
UPDATE ON OUR PROGRAM
We are experiencing changes in all areas of our daily lives due to this pandemic. Here at St. Thomas à Becket, we will continue to follow a FAMILY-BASED approach integrating our four main components, but it will look and be implemented in a different way. The safety and well-being of everyone concerned is our priority.
The 4 main components are:
- Mass: St Thomas a Becket parish has resumed all its Masses. In-person celebrations and recorded live-streamed Sunday Mass, are available to you. Check here for further details: https://becket.ca/ Please continue to participate weekly as a family. Holy Mass in the center of our faith and source of divine life!
- Children’s Gatherings: Our plan is to have the year proceed virtually starting in 2021. Along with other parishes and guided by the diocese, we will prepare presentations and activities to be done at home.
- Work Book: We are currently working on book preparation. Each child will receive a book or duo-tang as usual at the end of September according to their level. We will be contacting you with specific dates per level for safe pick up.
- Parent/Family component: Inspiring Virtual presentations: TBA
Please refer to the Program Info page for more info.
Faith First Coordinator
514-626-4111 ext. 224
|Karen Dawson Faith First Assistant|
|Greetings from your Faith First Team!|
|How to pray the Rosary|
|Rosary - Coronation of Our Lady|
|Rosary - Ascension of Our Lord|
|Rosary - The Descent of the Holy Spirit|
Weekly reflections are meant to help children participate in the mass as well as begin the practice of including Jesus in their everyday lives.
The 3 rotating questions this year are:
- This week I showed God's love by...
- This week I was a peacemaker by...
- Today at mass, I will pray for...
Reflection sheets are found on the small table in the hall each week and are to be filled out before each mass and dropped in the basket by the Holy Water font when you walk into the church. Children celebrating a sacrament this year are to get their passports, located at the back of their books, stamped at the END of mass in the narthex instead of filling out a reflection. Weekly reflections also serve as our record for mass attendance.
*As per our Catholic obligation, we are asked to attend mass every week. In order to complete this component of the program we ask families to attend at least twice a month.